(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Tire Brands
Previous Page
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

rob
Starting Member
8 Posts

surrey, bc
Canada

Harley-Davidson

fxdl

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  11:05 AM
Can't say I agree with you at all on this one guy's. Tire's make a huge difference as to the handling of my bike (96FXDLHotRod) and I wouldn't even ride the thing one mile with the factory Dunlops installed when I first bought the damned thing. Way too hard a tire for me to have any confidence in my staying on the road in even perfect riding conditions, and you can forget about riding in rain completely when you run those type's of tire's in my opinion anyway's.
Like either the Metzler highend rubber or Perelli's when I can afford them but usually go with the Avon Super Venom line for all around riding safety and performance. The highend rubber stick's to the road much better than any of the less spendy stuff on the market of course but you really do pay for it firstly in the cost of the tire's and by how little milage you get out of a set before having to replace them again compared to the cheaper one's. Only get about 6000k on the good one's before there done but at least you know you can count on them when you need to and to me that's all important when riding a bike. You don't get many second chances on motorcycle's, and there's little enough rubber on the road at the best of time's. Might as well spend more and make it count.
Go to Top of Page

marsam
Male Advanced Member
510 Posts
[Mentor]

Birkirkara
Malta

Yamaha

Dragstar & Vmax

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  7:42 AM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
I voted for Metzeler since this is a single choice poll. The Metzeler ME880 is one of the best tyres for cruiser type bikes. I have also got Michelin Commander on the rear of my Vmax which I also find very good. The front is still the Dunlop Qualifier OEM tyre as it is only recently that the Commander is available in the 110/90 x 18 size so I still have to order the front and have it fitted.

Edited by - marsam on 11/29/2005 7:43 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05