(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Riding vs Trailering
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

SteveS
Male Advanced Member
1208 Posts
[Mentor]

Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

2018 Tri-Gliide

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  9:54 AM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
There seem to be differences in preferences, what is yours?

Do you sometimes trailer? Never trailer?

Results:
I will never trailer my bike, if I go I'll ride it there   [56%] 10 votes 
I will trailer my bike if the trip is over 500 miles   [11%] 2 votes 
I will trailer my bike if the trip is over 1000 miles   [33%] 6 votes 
I will trailer my bike if the trip is over 4000 miles   [0%] 0 votes 
= Guests (2 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 18 counted  »»   Last Vote: 02/04/2006 1:07 AM 

timbo
Advanced Member
594 Posts

Uxbridge
United Kingdom

BMW

R1100S

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  4:32 PM
I am curious. In Europe, for me, 4000 miles would take me well to the east of Moscow, or somewhere in the Congo.

As I look at the map, even in the US to trailer it for >4000 miles, would take you to southern mexico at least even if you started in Alaska!

Did you really mean 4000miles?

Tim
Go to Top of Page

SteveS
Male Advanced Member
1208 Posts
[Mentor]

Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

2018 Tri-Gliide

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  5:32 PM
Tim, you are one for details! LOL

Yes, it would make more sense if I had put 2500 miles. Like from here to the west coast.

Glad to know you read my poll.
Go to Top of Page

Indiana Randy
2118 Posts
[Mentor]

Fort Wayne, Indiana
USA

Honda

2000 Magna V4 750

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  9:25 AM
There was a time I scoffed at the idea of towing a bike to a destination. That was before I actually did it!

Last year I towed over 3000 miles. I got a pickup and a Kendon 2 MC trailer.

It wasn't that when it was cold I had heat, or when it was hot I had A/C, or that I had a cooler with sandwiches and cold soda and munchies for grazing at hand, or the CD and radio, or fewer fuel and rest stops. It was the inevitable RAIN! Every towing adventure had downpours. I saw riders zipping through the rain, huddled under overpasses, stopped to put on rain gear or waiting at rest stops for the rain to end. I continued on dry, listening to music and munching on corn chips. THAT is when I really appreciated the concept of towing.

Plus, by towing, I saved myself 2 days on each trip. Because I could burn more miles in the truck (compared to the bike) I saved a day getting there and a day getting back which mean't 2 extra days to ride at the destination.

If you're of the mind that towing is for wimps, don't laugh till you experience it. Iron butt I'm not. And that's fine with me.
Go to Top of Page

Jack
Starting Member
6 Posts

Benton, Arkansas
USA

Honda

Valkyrie

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  9:25 PM
If my wife is bringing the dogs with us, of course, we must trailer the bikes. If we can get a "baby-sitter" for them, we usually ride regardless of the mileage.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05