(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

   OR   
   
Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


 All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Brand Loyalty
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Thom Thumb
Advanced Member
1595 Posts
[Mentor]


Jordan, MN
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster XL883

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  8:00 PM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
How loyal are you to the brand of motorcycle you own?

Results:
Brand Fanatical - I'll never buy any other brand than I now own.   [15%] 20 votes 
Brand Loyal - I'll stick with my current brand until something better turns up.   [35%] 48 votes 
Brand Indifferent - cost determines what I'll buy.   [11%] 15 votes 
Brand Indifferent - my riding style determines what I'll buy.   [23%] 31 votes 
Brand Indifferent - I own multiple brands of motorcycles.   [11%] 15 votes 
Anti Brand Fanatic - There is one brand I'll never buy.   [5%] 7 votes 
Anti Brand Fanatic - there are multiple brands I will never buy.   [1%] 1 votes 
= Guests (70 votes)


Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 137 counted  »»   Last Vote: 05/23/2006 8:50 PM 

Edited by - kiddal on 02/23/2006 8:19 PM

Thom Thumb
Advanced Member
1595 Posts
[Mentor]


Jordan, MN
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster XL883

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  8:18 PM
Given how many different brands are represented on this site, I'm curious to see what type of loyalty we display.

For my part, brand isn't decisive, but is one of many considerations.

TT
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]


SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  8:20 PM
NOTE: I edited the responses per the request of TT.
Go to Top of Page

Thom Thumb
Advanced Member
1595 Posts
[Mentor]


Jordan, MN
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster XL883

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  8:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kiddal

NOTE: I edited the responses per the request of TT.



Sweet! You da man. That was fast.
Thanks!
TT
Go to Top of Page
Niebor
Ex-Member

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  9:44 PM
Good poll! I had to think about the options provided. Went with "indifferent". I have owned great bikes from Honda, Hodaka, Yamaha and now H-D. Bad bikes from Suzuki and Honda. Not sure yet, Valkerie or Carver on the dream horizon.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]


Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  8:13 AM
I voted the first one as Brand Fanatical, but that's misleading. Someday, when I have the money and garage space to own half a dozen or more bikes, I'll buy other brands to park next to the Ducatis. They wouldn't mind sharing garage space with an older British bike, like a Norton, BSA, or Triumph. I'm sure they wouldn't mind being parked next to a Moto Guzzi. And I don't see how they could be threatened by Japanese dirt bikes or SuperMotards.
Go to Top of Page

jollyroger
Advanced Member
2157 Posts
[Mentor]


St. Charles, MO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Springer Classic

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  8:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by scottrnelson
They wouldn't mind sharing garage space with an older British bike, like a Norton, BSA, or Triumph. I'm sure they wouldn't mind being parked next to a Moto Guzzi. And I don't see how they could be threatened by Japanese dirt bikes or SuperMotards.


Once they get beyond the anthropomorphism, I'm sure they'll all live a harmonious existence...
Go to Top of Page

Mikey
Male Senior Member
287 Posts


Benton, Kentucky
USA

Harley-Davidson

FLHTCI/XL/FXDL

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  10:13 AM
I went with brand loyal - the brand fanatic had the "Never" word in the description and I have eaten my words in the past by saying Never.
Go to Top of Page

Thom Thumb
Advanced Member
1595 Posts
[Mentor]


Jordan, MN
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster XL883

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  5:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mikey

I went with brand loyal - the brand fanatic had the "Never" word in the description and I have eaten my words in the past by saying Never.



Mikey, agreed! One of my friends has a Harley with the speedo down on the tank, and a case of the shakes. I swore I'd never own a Harley (had a Yamaha Venture at the time). But now I have a Sportster, and I like it fine.

TT
Go to Top of Page

pmdean
Junior Member
71 Posts


Burnsville, MN
USA

BMW

K1200LT

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  10:51 AM
My future loyalty will be to brands with nation wide service networks. My current bike is a BMW. Within 40 miles of my house I have three dealers. But my rides take me cross country and I can go 500 miles or more between dealers in some areas. I have been hit twice by the dreaded bearing problem in the final drive. Each time was close enough to home it wasn't a huge problem but that was just lucky. My next bike will be a Honda because of the ubiquitous service network.
Go to Top of Page

Mikey
Male Senior Member
287 Posts


Benton, Kentucky
USA

Harley-Davidson

FLHTCI/XL/FXDL

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  12:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pmdean

My future loyalty will be to brands with nation wide service networks. My current bike is a BMW. Within 40 miles of my house I have three dealers. But my rides take me cross country and I can go 500 miles or more between dealers in some areas. I have been hit twice by the dreaded bearing problem in the final drive. Each time was close enough to home it wasn't a huge problem but that was just lucky. My next bike will be a Honda because of the ubiquitous service network.


You are not alone in complaints on BMW dealer locations. My BMW-riding friend in Tennessee had riding downtime last year due to his dealer closing down & there was no BMW dealers readily available. Last I heard, he going to trade off & get a Fat Boy...quite a difference in rides, wouldn't you say?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.46 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05