(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Accessory Theft
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

bkikkert
Male Advanced Member
847 Posts
[Mentor]

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

Ultra Classic '08

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  5:25 PM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
While travelling, have you ever had anything stolen from your motorcycle?

Results:
Yes   [5%] 1 votes 
No   [95%] 21 votes 
= Guests (4 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 22 counted  »»   Last Vote: 05/08/2006 4:29 AM 

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  5:31 PM
Since the longest trips I've been on were all one-day trips, does my "no" count in this poll?

I'll often leave my helmet strapped, but not locked, to the rear handle on the back of my bike when I'm visiting local businesses. You would have to look real close to see that it's not locked, and I've never had a problem.

Up until last year I was proud that in over 16 years of living in my home I knew of no incidents of theft or vandalism on my street. But my daughter and her husband came for a visit and left their windows down about six inches with a cell phone, check book, and a few other things in plain sight on the center console, and that was the night that thieves visited our neighborhood. My bikes are always safe in my garage, though.
Go to Top of Page

bkikkert
Male Advanced Member
847 Posts
[Mentor]

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

Ultra Classic '08

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  5:55 PM
The reason I said trips Scott is that I'm interested in knowing if people have had any problems at motels, hotels, campsites, etc. where someone comes along and takes your clock, or saddle bag, or other easy detachable accessory.
Go to Top of Page
Niebor
Ex-Member

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  9:29 AM
Even though I was the single "yes" vote, it was really rather petty. I have a habit of leaving my gloves between the windshield and instruments. One day, someone decided they needed those gloves worse than me. Summer gloves, about a $30 lesson. I also have a habit of leaving my helmet on the bike. So for, I havn't lost one. I do like the concept of covering up the bike overnight in strange areas.

Since the only longer ride planned for this year ends with the bike in a secure location. Perhaps a cover would be a good item for the Christmas wish list.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05