(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Who wants a Motorcycle Safety Forum calendar?
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  4:33 PM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
It was mentioned halfway through the Your Bike Photos thread that maybe we could make a calendar with photos submitted by members of this forum. I've created a few in the past and would be willing to help this one happen, but I can't do all the work. In particular, I can't deal with gathering all of the photos and handling any voting issues. I'm more than happy to actually put together an electronic version. You can look at the last one I did here, if the web site is still up: http://www.testastretta.net/~srnelson/

Anyway, to do a decent job, you can't wait until November to get started, you need to start in the late summer or early fall. If there is enough interest, I'll pursue this further. If not, I'll keep trying to find a decent motorcycle calender elsewhere - which has been fairly difficult if you don't want a Harley calender.

Please vote and include any relevant comments if you have something to add on the subject.

Results:
I want one and will be willing to help create it   [27%] 4 votes 
I want one and will be willing to donate a quality photo   [47%] 7 votes 
I want one, but you guys can do all of the work   [20%] 3 votes 
Not interested   [7%] 1 votes 
You didn't include enough choices, my message has my answer   [0%] 0 votes 
= Guests (3 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 15 counted  »»   Last Vote: 08/28/2007 10:06 AM 

nomad dan
Advanced Member
1276 Posts

Denver, Colorado
USA

Kawasaki

06 Vulcan Nomad 1600

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  10:35 AM
Since you can't choose more than one response, I voted the second one down. I would also have checked the first one, with the understanding that I'm not a computer wiz

There are some great pictures on the board that would make a better calender than I've purchased in the past.
Go to Top of Page

alton
Male Standard Member
232 Posts

Sarasota, FL
USA

Kawasaki

2018 Versys 650

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  10:46 AM
I didn't vote because my choice would have to be "I want one, but you guys can do all of the work", but that doesn't really seem quite right. I do want one but my photography skills leave a lot to be desired - I have a tremor that makes any picture I take blurry, even with the stabilization available on many cameras today. I would be willing to help in other ways if I can though.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  11:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by alton

I didn't vote because my choice would have to be "I want one, but you guys can do all of the work", but that doesn't really seem quite right. I do want one but my photography skills leave a lot to be desired - I have a tremor that makes any picture I take blurry, even with the stabilization available on many cameras today. I would be willing to help in other ways if I can though.

There is more to helping than taking photos. But have you considered getting a tripod? Anybody can take clear photos with a camera mounted on a tripod.

Collecting the candidate photos and determining which ones to use (by voting or by other means) can be a lot of work too, and that's where I'm really looking for volunteers.

It's fine with me if some people would like to have a calendar, but don't want to do any of the work, or are too busy to help. If not enough people show interest in having one, I won't consider it worth the bother of taking the next step to make it happen. So if you're interested in a forum calendar, let us know, even if you can't help put it together.
Go to Top of Page
Niebor
Ex-Member

Posted - 08/18/2007 :  6:20 PM
LOL, I got caught up in the system restoration. Lets try this again.

Happy to help in any way you like. Deligate my friend, deligate!

Photo test:
Go to Top of Page

Sigil
Male Senior Member
432 Posts
[Mentor]

Nijmegen, Gelderland
Netherlands

Yamaha

FZS600

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  3:16 AM
Hey,

Voted earlier but didn't messsage anything.

I'm not quite sure how to help but I'm willing to do what I can. I've started to look around again for some nice spots to make photographs (other than the usual windmill photos )...
Unfortunately the weather here isn't realy being good. It's not sunny enough for summer shots, it's not rainy enough for some good downpour shots. Still, I'm keeping my eyes open!

If there's anything else I can do, let me know...
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  7:31 AM
Based on the "overwhelming" response on this so far, I'm going to totally give up on the idea. If we can't get at least 20 people to show some interest, it's not worth the bother.
Go to Top of Page

nomad dan
Advanced Member
1276 Posts

Denver, Colorado
USA

Kawasaki

06 Vulcan Nomad 1600

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  7:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by scottrnelson

Based on the "overwhelming" response on this so far, I'm going to totally give up on the idea. If we can't get at least 20 people to show some interest, it's not worth the bother.

Unfortunately I've got to agree Scott. I kept waiting for this idea to take off, and it just isn't.

Too bad, I was looking forward to a nice calendar.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 08/26/2007 :  7:14 PM
Tell you what, you send me your best six photos and I'll select my best six photos, I'll take the odd months and you can have the even months, and we can produce the Nomad Dan/Scott Nelson calendar. Distributed for free, electronically, of course.

So what if only ten people actually use it, at least you and I will have our calendars.
Go to Top of Page

nomad dan
Advanced Member
1276 Posts

Denver, Colorado
USA

Kawasaki

06 Vulcan Nomad 1600

Posted - 08/26/2007 :  7:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by scottrnelson

Tell you what, you send me your best six photos and I'll select my best six photos, I'll take the odd months and you can have the even months, and we can produce the Nomad Dan/Scott Nelson calendar. Distributed for free, electronically, of course.

So what if only ten people actually use it, at least you and I will have our calendars.

Your on, and thanks for the offer. I'll look for six good ones.

BTW, the golden gate bridge photo makes a great sig pic, nice
Go to Top of Page

gtscpe
Standard Member
110 Posts

san diego, ca
USA

Honda

'06 Goldwing

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  10:10 AM
I chose the second choice. I have a few photos, maybe one of them might be good for a calendar.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.46 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05