(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 How many bikes?
Next Page
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lorenasa
Male Junior Member
79 Posts

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
USA

Suzuki

Bandit GSF1200

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  7:58 PM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
How many bikes do you currently own?

Results:
one   [62%] 48 votes 
two   [22%] 17 votes 
three   [9%] 7 votes 
four   [5%] 4 votes 
Your obsessed and own five or more   [1%] 1 votes 
= Guests (20 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 77 counted  »»   Last Vote: 06/27/2008 1:26 PM 

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  10:06 AM
I have two now, but if I were in a slightly better financial position would have three. And if I had a larger garage (and bank account) I'm sure I would have six or more.

I've had as many as five in the past and it wasn't too many years ago that my garage looked like this:

Oh, and spelling word for the day: "you're".
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17381 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  10:14 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Ha! My brother-in-law had more than thirty motorcycles shortly before they sent him to prison for stealing $58 Million. Actually, what he did was loan shark that amount, but the DA wanted to hit him hard. Of the $3 Million in cash he had on his dining room table when they arrested him, less than $500,000 made it to the police station. Curious, no?

This is the same brother-in-law who was at one time a member of Murder Incorporated.

Otherwise, a very nice guy.
Go to Top of Page

radan2
Male Advanced Member
1117 Posts
[Mentor]

Jacksonville, NC
USA

Moto Guzzi

2007 Breva V750 ie

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  10:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Davis

Ha! My brother-in-law had more than thirty motorcycles shortly before they sent him to prison for stealing $58 Million. Actually, what he did was loan shark that amount, but the DA wanted to hit him hard. Of the $3 Million in cash he had on his dining room table when they arrested him, less than $500,000 made it to the police station. Curious, no?

This is the same brother-in-law who was at one time a member of Murder Incorporated.

Of course. Motorcycle collectors are always nice guys, even when they are wiseguys.

Go to Top of Page

Tburd
Male Senior Member
475 Posts

Waukesha, WI
USA

Suzuki

Boulevard S50

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  11:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Davis

LOL. Outside of the fact that he was a loan shark and a member Of Murder Inc., there was nothing wrong!

I currently have one bike. It is a perfect bike for me and have often thought that I would never sell it. Then it occurred to me that one thing that might be better than a single bike, would be two bikes. Maybe someday.
Go to Top of Page

Lockjaw
Male Senior Member
413 Posts

San Francisco, CA
USA

Honda

73 CB450, Kymco 150

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  12:20 PM
I have the 73 Honda, the Kycmo 150. And I have a 78 Puch moped. Does that count as three? Two and 1/2?
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  12:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lockjaw

I have the 73 Honda, the Kycmo 150. And I have a 78 Puch moped. Does that count as three? Two and 1/2?

I'll give you 2.5 if you'll let me count my Specialized Hard Rock mountain bike as a half and the unicycle in my garage a 1/4.
Go to Top of Page

Lockjaw
Male Senior Member
413 Posts

San Francisco, CA
USA

Honda

73 CB450, Kymco 150

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  12:38 PM
You're on, Scott!
Go to Top of Page

lorenasa
Male Junior Member
79 Posts

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
USA

Suzuki

Bandit GSF1200

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  1:49 PM
quote:

I've had as many as five in the past and it wasn't too many years ago that my garage looked like this:

That picture of your garage looks mighty fun. Do you ever loan any out to friends?
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  2:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by lorenasa

That picture of your garage looks mighty fun. Do you ever loan any out to friends?

I don't have any of those bikes anymore. I occasionally let other people ride my ST2 when I'm riding my 888.
Go to Top of Page

VodkaAndPickles
Male Advanced Member
589 Posts

Langhorne, PA
USA

Suzuki

Intruder 1500 LC

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  4:13 PM
That's a really nice car, too.
Go to Top of Page

degaboh
Female Senior Member
258 Posts

Houston, TX
USA

Kawasaki

Ninja EX250R

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  9:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by VodkaAndPickles

Forget it, V&P. I get first dibs on the car.

Go to Top of Page

VodkaAndPickles
Male Advanced Member
589 Posts

Langhorne, PA
USA

Suzuki

Intruder 1500 LC

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  11:54 PM
Hey, what the heck? I called it first! Besides, I bet you couldn't handle that S2000 beast
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  6:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by degaboh

quote:

Forget it, V&P. I get first dibs on the car.

Unfortunately, that car bounced off of a tree and was totalled in September of 2004. Now I have this:
Go to Top of Page

lorenasa
Male Junior Member
79 Posts

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
USA

Suzuki

Bandit GSF1200

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  10:36 AM
quote:

Unfortunately, that car bounced off of a tree and was totalled in September of 2004. Now I have this:

Well, if no one else want this one, I guess I will have to put my dibs on it. Scott please have this shipped to Cochabamba Bolivia ASAP!
Go to Top of Page

degaboh
Female Senior Member
258 Posts

Houston, TX
USA

Kawasaki

Ninja EX250R

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  11:11 AM
quote:

Hey, what the heck? I called it first! Besides, I bet you couldn't handle that S2000 beast

Excuse me? I could too, and while I'm at it, I'd take your new bike :P

Well anyways I thought that car was his current Mustang...which I've CLEARLY laid dibs on here: http://www.msgroup.org/forums/mtt/t...&whichpage=2

Go to Top of Page

lorenasa
Male Junior Member
79 Posts

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
USA

Suzuki

Bandit GSF1200

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  11:22 AM
I see you think you have claimed it...however I am sure Scott would not let that go to you...he knows that your ninjette would be properly jealous. Therefore I am sure he will let his mustang run free in the mountains of Bolivia.
Go to Top of Page

twc
Male Advanced Member
836 Posts
[Mentor]

Fort Collins, CO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Electra Glide Ultra

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  11:47 AM
quote:

Therefore I am sure he will let his mustang run free in the mountains of Bolivia.
Keep in mind that the Mustang is a California car and might not meet the emission requirements for Bolivia. Reducing emissions is very important at high altitudes.
Go to Top of Page

degaboh
Female Senior Member
258 Posts

Houston, TX
USA

Kawasaki

Ninja EX250R

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  1:28 PM
quote:

I see you think you have claimed it...however I am sure Scott would not let that go to you...he knows that your ninjette would be properly jealous. Therefore I am sure he will let his mustang run free in the mountains of Bolivia.

My love knows no limits and I have plenty to give to both the Ninjette and the Mustang if Scott decides to part with it

Go to Top of Page

VodkaAndPickles
Male Advanced Member
589 Posts

Langhorne, PA
USA

Suzuki

Intruder 1500 LC

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  1:59 PM
Lorenasa, I hear that American muscle cars are great in a straight line, but not as good in corners... Do you think it would be the perfect car for the Bolivian mountain roads? I think that Mustang would be better off in the hands of an experienced felony speeder like me, tackling the American interstates

Degaboh, I see your Ninjette no longer satisfies you? You really want my 800-pound hunk of metal now? And since you couldn't tell the difference between a Honda S2000 and a Ford Mustang, I'd be wary of giving you either of them
Go to Top of Page

Lockjaw
Male Senior Member
413 Posts

San Francisco, CA
USA

Honda

73 CB450, Kymco 150

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  2:16 PM
Ok. Ok. Enough f**king around. Scott, can I have your house?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05