(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Off Theme
 Puzzles and Games
 A Geo/Mapping Game
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

D R
Advanced Member
1053 Posts
[Mentor]

Northern, Virginia
USA

BMW

R1200RT

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  11:06 AM                       Like
With winter settling in across much of the country (US/Canada etc.) and most motorcycles sitting stationary, here is a little mind game which some might be able to put to use come next spring.

Chart/Map a route which will take you through the most US States possible in under 12 hours -- the only requirement is you have to cross a state boundary and it doesn't matter how far across. (Assume non-stop travel at posted speed limits and no traffic delays.)

I come up with 11 states (I'm not saying this is the maximum, but its the most I could route through in under 12 hours.)

(Others feel free to throw up your own geo/mapping challenge.)

Edited by - D R on 01/27/2009 11:11 AM
rioguy
Ex-Member

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  11:27 AM
This one is quite devious with lots of possibilities for errors. It is a rally our riding group is having in May.

It's allowed to work with others on a solution. The maximum score I've been able to figure out is 1,067 points.

http://motorcycle.meetup.com/47/calendar/9520819/

(Note: The mapping programs I've used grossly overstate the time. You could probably make any 320 mile route planned in 8 hours.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05