(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3452 positive of 3834 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Questions & Answers
 Ask Our Administrators
 What happens to drawings, graphics and plots?
Member Previous Topic Question Next Topic     [To Administrators]  

Beary
Male Standard Member
181 Posts

Edmond, Oklahoma
USA

Harley-Davidson

Road King Classic

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  8:43 PM                       Like
HI James

I noticed that your drawings and graphics only last a couple of days. Is that to save memory space? Do you save them somewhere else we can refer back to now and then?

Thanks

Beary
Administrators These Administrators provided these Answers to the Question

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17322 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  9:04 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
I'm afraid that I do not understand what you are asking me about in that I retain graphics and all images in a database and have not deleted any of them for over a decade.
Go to Top of Page

Beary
Male Standard Member
181 Posts

Edmond, Oklahoma
USA

Harley-Davidson

Road King Classic

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  9:23 AM
That is interesting. I see the graphics for about one day, then all I get is the little red X. Problem is on my side, so I will investigate.

Thanks

Beary
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17322 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  9:29 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Oh! That is not really a problem at all. It is your software attempting to repaint your screen using its cache (stored copy) of the article - the images I send are not saved in your cache. If you refreshed the article instead of relying on your cache, my software would resend the article including its images.

Let me be more clear about that. When your browser renders a page so that you can see it, contained on that page are text and TAGS that describe other things, like pictures. You are familiar, I'm sure, with the idea that a URL is just a link, an address, of where a browser is to go to get data. Since all of the pictures I post on a page are actually included in a database of pictures on my server, and since I will not allow anyone other than myself to have direct access to that database, in order to send your browser that picture I create, dynamically, a temporary page on my server that has an address and send the browser that address via a URL. As soon as your browser receives that URL I destroy (delete) that page from my server. (Actually, I reuse it for the next picture being looked at by any other browser). So, what your browser has in its cache is a URL to a non-existent page which renders as an 'X' to signify 'missing' or 'non-existent'. Should you refresh the page my server sends it to your browser again, in total.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Question Next Topic     [To Administrators]  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05