(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3452 positive of 3834 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Rider Training Courses
 Dealer Sponsored Safety Programs
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

gymnast
4260 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, Idaho
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster Sport

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  2:09 PM                       Like
Just about every month the local BMW Dealer holds a safety related program that anyone can attend. I just received an E-Mail alerting me to an upcoming program for Adventure or Dual Sport riders that looks particularly interesting, http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...=DKkVUGo0kfo

"Thursday June 13 from 6pm to 8pm
Puget Sound Safety Presentation
Riding the Discovery Routes

Join us Thursday evening, June 13 from 6pm until 8pm as Big Twin Motorcycles hosts a great presentation by members of the Puget Sound Safety Off Road motorcycle training organization (see the sidebar for info on PSSOR). The presenters will be on their way home from riding the Colorado Discovery Route and will have some great stories and valuable tips on the Discovery Routes and adventure riding in general. A unique component of this presentation is that the team is comprised of 2 very experienced riders and 2 who are relatively new to dual sport riding. This will give an extremely rounded picture of the challenges faced by the individual riders and how the obstacles were overcome by riders with very divergent skill levels.

This educational and entertaining event is provided to the riding community free of charge by Big Twin Motorcycles. Riders of all brands, skill levels and interests are welcome and encouraged to attend.

The presentation will last approximately 1 hour and will be followed by a 1 hour question and answer session. Come armed with your questions about all aspects of adventure riding, including camping, riding gear, techniques, routes and more.

Complimentary refreshments will be served."

What safety related programs are being hosted by dealers in your area? If you are aware of any, you might include mention, a link, and/or some words about them here.

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6914 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 1090 Adv R

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  2:56 PM
A & S BMW/Ducati/Triumph in Roseville puts on things like that. The only ones I've attended were on first aid for motorcycle riders, how to change a flat tire on the trail, and a talk by Chris Scott about his 30 years of riding through the Sahara.

They have presentations about once a month, but I miss most of them.
Go to Top of Page

kacinpa
Male Advanced Member
802 Posts
[Mentor]

Lansdale, PA
USA

Triumph

Sprint GT

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  3:12 PM
Martin Motorsports in Boyertown, PA hosts similar events, mostly over the winter and early spring.

They have had the MSF "seasoned Rider" presentation, a seminar on suspension set-up, a similar "Adventure Tour" presentation, basic motorcycle maintenance and some others I can't recall.

In my opinion, these things are a great way to keep your head in the game during the cold and dark winter months and they also provide showroom traffic for the dealer during an otherwise dead time of the year.

This dealer also does a lot of other outreach to the local riding community. They sponsor a Triumph RAT group, a Star rider's group a riding group geared toward sport bike riders and a scooter rider's group. They also run what they call the "Modern Classics" bike show in the beginning of March.

I think more dealers should run these type events. I have found, however, that while some are advertised as "Safety" related, only the one that used the MSF curriculum was "all about" safety. The rest simply had a few bits regarding safety thrown in.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05