(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3452 positive of 3834 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Rider Training Courses
 TRL Report
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

aidanspa
Male Advanced Member
1740 Posts
[Mentor]

Omaha, NE
USA

Harley-Davidson

Road King

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  5:54 PM                       Like
The current practical motorcycle test in Great Britain is modular, with the first of two modules testing candidates' control of their motorcycle in an off-road area during a series of low and higher speed manoeuvres. Concerns about the accessibility and safety of the module 1 test led the Road Safety Minister (in June 2010) to announce a review exploring the feasibility of a single event, on-road practical motorcycle test. TRL was commissioned to carry out research to support the review.

The recently published results of the three phase study can be found here:

http://www.trl.co.uk/online_store/r...3_report.htm

It is necessary to click "Download" below the summary, then register with TRL (free of charge) to receive the 98 page pdf report. I used "n/a" for the required "Address 2" line.

Quite interesting and worth the trouble in my opinion.

Horse
258 Posts

Newbury, Berkshire
United Kingdom

BMW

R850RT

Posted - 11/12/2013 :  5:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by aidanspa The recently published results of the three phase study can be found here:

http://www.trl.co.uk/online_store/r...3_report.htm

It is necessary to click "Download" below the summary, then register with TRL (free of charge) to receive the 98 page pdf report. I used "n/a" for the required "Address 2" line.

Quite interesting and worth the trouble in my opinion.

A bit of background: TRL (previously TRRL and before that the RRL) has been carrying out research for 80 years, mainly road-biased (although it did some of the 'bouncing bomb' work during WWII).

Have a search through the list of publications - there are loads of motorcycle-related reports, including on training, conspicuity and attitude.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05