(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 How To ...
 Add-ons / Customization
 GPS Mount
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Axiom2000
Male Moderator
1761 Posts
[Mentor]

Georgetown, Delaware
USA

BMW

F 800 GT

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  4:18 PM                       Like
My F800-GT came with the BMW Navigator, mounted by the dealer. I do not like having to look down to operate anything certainly not a GPS, Of course I knew the dealer would mount it low on the middle of the handlebars but I knew I could move it later, Later was today.

Finding a good mount was a bit of a search, RAM does not make a specific cradle for the Navi. IV but I figured the mount for a smart phone would work. Ram makes quality stuff and I was not dissapointed at all with the whole package. Removing the old mount and re-routing the cable was fairly easy. I am happy with the results, I may teather it just to be sure but if feels very solid.

I had done the same on the RT, but had purchased a BMR Shelf and moved it to there. No doubt that was a better fix than the RAM mount but apparently BMR is yet to make a shelf for the F-800.

[URL=http://s272.photobucket.com/user/Axiom2000/media/100_1250_zpse77d970c.jpg.html][/URL]

gymnast
4260 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, Idaho
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster Sport

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  9:25 PM
Looks like a good set up. The only question is (from the look of the location of the GPS in your picture)
:is it out in the wind stream and will it deflect air onto your left hand during cool weather riding?
Go to Top of Page

greywolf
Male Moderator
1484 Posts
[Mentor]

Evanston, IL
USA

Suzuki

DL650AL2

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  11:31 PM
I see you have a Madstad windscreen mount. It's pretty easy to mount a bar across the mount and put a RAM ball on it. This is just one possibility.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 1.83 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05