(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3450 positive of 3832 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Off Theme
 The Get Your Motor Running Chat Forum
 My New Ride
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

AaronC
Male Standard Member
102 Posts

Windsor, Ontario
Canada

Honda

1984 Magna vf700c

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  2:39 PM                       Like
So I pulled the trigger and got an 84 Magna vf700c.

So far I'm pretty happy with it and it rides nicely
Paid for it Friday
Got everything changed over Saturday morning and rode it home.

Spent half the day on it on Sunday. Plan on spending half my life on it from here on out.

To think that my journey to today started mainly with this site, as one of the first things I searched online when even pondering motorcycling was how to do it safely.

AMJIce
Male Standard Member
124 Posts

Laguna Hills, CA
USA

Suzuki

DL650K9

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  3:56 PM
Congrats on the new ride!

I wish I had had the foresight as you and found this site before I bought and rode my first bike; if not for the grace of God, I survived that impudence and have become a more safety-minded rider.

Only half your life on the bike? I would sleep with mine but my wife would divorce me ...
Go to Top of Page

AaronC
Male Standard Member
102 Posts

Windsor, Ontario
Canada

Honda

1984 Magna vf700c

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  4:12 PM
Well I spend a third of my day sleeping and a third at work...spending half of the day on the bike is a pretty good accomplishment I think :D
Go to Top of Page

SkootchNC
Male Advanced Member
1062 Posts
[Mentor]

raleigh, north carolina
USA

Harley-Davidson

road glide

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  4:30 AM
congrats on the bike... the 700 cc V-4 is a smooth running, and powerful engine.
You will enjoy it for many years

(edited to correct the engine CC)
Go to Top of Page

AaronC
Male Standard Member
102 Posts

Windsor, Ontario
Canada

Honda

1984 Magna vf700c

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  8:35 AM
It's a bit too much bike for me yet so I'm nowhere near it's potential, but then again, I probably will never truly ring it. I enjoy the ride and I open it up a bit on some roads with higher limits, but I find positive and negative acceleration more exciting than speed, and it certainly does not disappoint.

Now to find me a stock collector because it's deafeningly loud.
Go to Top of Page

AaronC
Male Standard Member
102 Posts

Windsor, Ontario
Canada

Honda

1984 Magna vf700c

Posted - 07/14/2014 :  10:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AMJIce

Congrats on the new ride!

I wish I had had the foresight as you and found this site before I bought and rode my first bike; if not for the grace of God, I survived that impudence and have become a more safety-minded rider.

Only half your life on the bike? I would sleep with mine but my wife would divorce me ...

I have to attribute it to the grace of God as well. If I had had the money or the finances to just buy a bike and get licensed a couple years back, well, I don't think I'd be dead or anything, but I'd probably be one of those idiots riding around in a T-Shirt (not shorts though, I never wear shorts unless I'm at the beach).

I found this site almost by pure chance (and Google's awesome sauce) mainly because I was concerned with the whole "It's so dangerous" argument and whenever something is a concern to me I google it, if for anything, to see if anyone thinks the way I do or has any insight on a situation I find myself at a loss about (this little quirk of mine helped me quit smoking almost 5 years ago).

At least you did find this site and you made the decision to be more safety conscious about your riding, which will hopefully contribute to you riding long and posting here.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05