(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3450 positive of 3832 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 General Discussion
 10 years later...
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

honeyvizsla
Male Starting Member
1 Posts

Strasbourg, Alsace
France

BMW

R1200R
Peer Review: 1

Posted - 06/14/2018 :  11:14 AM                       Like
10 years ago I got my bike license. I was younger, less grey and weighed a bit less. First thing I did was spend many hours devouring this forum and all its wisdom. I have no doubt the application of James's wisdom and other contributors saved my life.

I was very sad to see this forum disappear for a while. It made me nostalgic for those glorious years 2008-12 when my biking obsession was all encompassing.

Can't believe the forum is back.

In 10 years I've survived 10 different countries, 100k+ miles, 5 different bikes (all BMW I'm afraid) and countless examples of successful application of lessons learned from James and his wonderful forum.

My latest adventure was riding through a once in 20 year storm last Monday in north-eastern France. The roads were so flooded all road markings disappeared.

Thanks to 10 years of experience and application of empirical knowledge I came out alive. I said to my wife if any one of the choices of the last 10 years hadn't been made, I might not have made it through this dorm. The best choice of all was realising my bike license was just the first baby step to learning how to ride. The countless sharing of lessons learned backup up with mathematical models and science from James was the perfect beginning of a long road to today.

Thank you to all who contributed over the years. I hope to read again from riders both old and new over the coming months and years.

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17321 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 06/14/2018 :  12:44 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Thank you for the compliments and welcome back!

I just renewed my domain name for the next five years and asked Network Solutions for evaluation of traffic. Not surprisingly, though I put thousands of hours into writing code and implementing this site over the past two decades, the world has changed during that time, and now 80% of our traffic now comes from mobile devices. The coding I used is fine for desktop PC's and browsers but is not at all convenient for mobile users, so I'm beginning efforts to change it using WordPress.

It will take lots of time, I'm afraid. Be patient, please.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05