(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Technical/Maintenance
 Tires - how much time is too much
Member  Discussion Topic Next Topic  

acrucifer
Male Standard Member
154 Posts

carmel, new york
USA

Suzuki

Boulevard C50T

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  2:37 PM                       Like
A friend of mine
Recently bought a used 2002 suzuki intruder. The tires on it are 9 years but have good tread on them. I am concerned they are no longer sticky and should be replaced. I have been a member here for 14 years and I remember an old post, I think from Mr. Davis about 7 years being the maximum amount of time you should ride on a tire that has adequate tread because of this loss of stickiness due to the rubber on the tire hardening, degrading and losing its sticky properties . Could someone please point me to the post and confirm this. Thanks be safe, be well, stay sane. Ralph.

travismhood
64 Posts

american canyon, ca
USA

Yamaha

xs750 sf

Peer Review: 1

Posted - 02/09/2022 :  1:53 PM
Recommended expiration date is six years from manufacturing. In the USA, the year is the last two digits of the DOT number. You can double that to twelve without me trying to talk you out of it.
Go to Top of Page
   Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05