(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3457 positive of 3839 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 General Discussion
 R.I.P. DataDan
Member  Discussion Topic Next Topic  

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6950 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 09/12/2021 :  6:32 AM                       Like
I just learned that DataDan passed away August 24. Don't have additional details. He will be missed at all of the motorcycle forums that he participated in.

Eagle Six
35 Posts

Snowflake, Arizona
USA

Kawasaki

ZX14R

Posted - 09/12/2021 :  7:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by scottrnelson

I just learned that DataDan passed away August 24. Don't have additional details. He will be missed at all of the motorcycle forums that he participated in.

Thank You Scott for the update, sad and I will miss him. Condolences to his family.
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17379 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 09/12/2021 :  9:04 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
A valuable contributor wherever he went.

We had several in-depth email exchanges where he helped me with data retrievals.

R.I.P.
Go to Top of Page

onthebeach
Male Standard Member
119 Posts

Arch Cape, Oregon
USA

BMW

R 1200 RT

Posted - 09/12/2021 :  9:18 AM
I am sorry to hear that news. I found his well-researched posts to be informative. I think I would have enjoyed a sit down chat with him. He will be missed.

- Dale
Go to Top of Page

Mikeydude
Male Advanced Member
749 Posts
[Mentor]

Ft. Worth, Texas
USA

Harley-Davidson

03 FXD Super Glide

Posted - 09/12/2021 :  11:59 AM
Oh wow- His posts were an important contribution to my education. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. My prayers and condolences to his family.
Go to Top of Page

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2273 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 11/01/2021 :  7:09 PM
Sad news.
Like previous comments, very much got my information and compass heading from trustworthy facts and stats here. Thankful for this site, James and many others that guard against false information. Dan presented reams of stats that were easily read and interpreted making the grim reminders easier to understand. R I P

Go to Top of Page

TooManyHobbies
51 Posts

Patchogue, NY
USA

BMW

Posted - 11/09/2021 :  1:52 PM
Dan's work is archived over on the Bay Area Riders Forum:

https://bayarearidersforum.com/foru...ay.php?f=107

Most of us don't feel the loss as his family does, but still, the community has lost a passionate and knowledgeable member. Dan took the time to give me the tips I needed to start working with the FARS. Seeing this really made me sad.
Go to Top of Page
   Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05