(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3452 positive of 3834 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 How often do you ride a bicycle?
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6914 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 1090 Adv R

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  3:23 PM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
As I was riding my Specialized Hard Rock back from lunch this afternoon I got to wondering how many motorcyclists here still ride a bicycle regularly. I typically ride about five miles a day two to three days a week, which would put me at about 500-700 miles a year. I figure anybody who rides a bike more than 1000 miles a year is "hardcore", so I didn't bother going beyond that amount.

I believe that some bicycle skills aid in motorcycle skills, plus a bicycle definitely helps me stay in shape better than a motorcycle.

So how often do you ride a bicycle?

Results:
I've never ridden a bicycle   [0%] 0 votes 
I rode a bicycle when I was a kid but not now   [30%] 6 votes 
Less than 100 miles per year   [45%] 9 votes 
Between 100 and 1000 miles per year   [25%] 5 votes 
More than 1000 miles per year   [0%] 0 votes 
= Guests (4 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 20 counted  »»   Last Vote: 05/10/2006 9:31 PM 

oleg232000
Male New Member
16 Posts

brooklyn new york, ny
USA

Suzuki

gsxr 600

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  10:19 AM
I just put on like 500 miles in 4 weeks. I do wwell over 1000 miles in one year.
Go to Top of Page

rolog
Standard Member
107 Posts

city of smiles
Philippines

Ducati

2004monster620

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  11:11 PM
I was also doing well over 1000 miles a year when i started biking 10 years ago and even joined the older age group races.. I havent been biking anywhere near that much in the last couple of years.

Many times i feel the bicycle rides are more rewarding than my motorcycle rides, plus you could get a really nice bicycle for a fraction of a motorcycle's cost.

Edited by - rolog on 07/31/2006 11:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

sixsigma
Male Advanced Member
801 Posts

Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Suzuki

Marauder vz 805

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  8:48 AM
Living near the lake, I hit the lakeshore trails on my cheapy mountain bike at least once a week running around 400 miles a year and enjoy it very much. I find I tend to see more scenery on the peddle bike than the motorbike but I would guess the leisure factor is better and my route is a pedestrian one which the MC cannot go on. On the other hand the MC takes me well out into the country with the leisure that the mountain bike cannot reach
Go to Top of Page

biggunbob
Male Standard Member
139 Posts

parma, OH
USA

Harley-Davidson

electraglide classic

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  5:43 PM
I spent the last 15 years riding a bicycle as a College cop, I typically did about 1500 miles each year between April and December. Always with a helmet on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05