(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3452 positive of 3834 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Effectiveness of rider training
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
rioguy
Ex-Member

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  6:03 AM   DetailDetail                        Like       
Poll Question:
This is another area I'm checking in correlation of things with crashes.

Let's use the definition of a crash as one requiring medical treatment or one where an insurance claim was made. If you feel one that doesn't meet this criteria yet was serious enough to include, feel free to.

Results:
I took a beginner rider training course and had a crash in the first 3,000 miles of riding   [7%] 5 votes 
I took a beginner rider training course and did not have a crash in the first 3,000 miles of riding   [64%] 47 votes 
I did not take a rider training course and had a crash in the first 3,000 miles of riding   [8%] 6 votes 
I did not take a rider training course and did not have a crash in the first 3,000 miles of riding.   [21%] 15 votes 
= Guests (27 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 73 counted  »»   Last Vote: 03/03/2009 9:41 PM 
rioguy
Ex-Member

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  2:40 PM
This poll is starting to get to a point where it may have some statistical significance. Please take a minute and respond to it.
Go to Top of Page
SA_Suz
Ex-Member

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  7:33 PM
I voted thus: took the course, did not have a crash.

but... I did:
  • drop the bike once or twice (oh, OK then, maybe more than that it we're being specific here)

• have a few very close calls

• and, may very well have had a nasty accident had I not read the story about target fixation on this site

Go to Top of Page
rioguy
Ex-Member

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  2:51 PM
When I started this poll, I did it with the idea of getting a general idea if BRC is effective in preventing crashes. On the surface, it appears to be. The numbers are even big enough to start to assume statistical significance.

However, looking at the colors of the lines for members and non-members, it appears that participation in this forum is the factor that prevents crashes. (Look at the gold lines.)

Nice job, James.
Go to Top of Page

The Postman
62 Posts

Baltimore, MD
USA

Suzuki

Power Cruiser

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  7:47 AM
Without a doubt, training must definitely lead to a reduction in crashes though it might not be statistically significant. However one death averted is more than enough for me which is why I am taking the ERC this month!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05