(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3459 positive of 3842 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 General Discussion
 Threshold Braking
Previous Page
Member  Discussion Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6960 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 07/15/2022 :  5:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Davis

Ain't electronics grand?
I bought a new 2021 Ford this past January. Although it did not come with the remote start feature that you can get by pushing a button on a key fob, I can run an app on my phone called FordPass that will allow me to remotely start it. From 1000 miles away if I want.

I was okay with that, but sometimes I let some air out of the tires if I'm going to drive in sand or something and the car notifies Ford about that too and the app complains to me about it. So I disabled the feature because I don't want the car ratting me out. And I don't want it automatically updating some software on its own either. I might re-enable it next winter when we start getting 10 degree mornings and I want the defroster on before going out in the cold, but not during normal weather.

Since it's a Base model, it doesn't have many of the advanced features like a navigation system. I have to hook up my old Garmin to do that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05