(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3452 positive of 3834 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 What Size?
Previous Page
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hellokittygrrl
Female Starting Member
1 Posts

richmond, virginia
USA

Yamaha

virago

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  12:38 PM
my first bike is a 1100CC 1989 Yamaha Virago - i super love it. and i don't think it's too big for a beginner either. it's awesome and fun!
Go to Top of Page

mark700
Male Junior Member
65 Posts

Highlands Ranch, CO
USA

Kawasaki

Concours,KX250

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  12:23 PM
Like many others, I rode dirt bikes for years before getting a street bike. I started on the street with a Suzuki 425, but let my ego and lack of common sense force me to upgrade to a race-built Z1-900 quickly therafter. Without proper safety training this was probably a bad idea at the time. Luckily, time and fate were kind and I was able to mellow without any severe accidents.

It kind of reminds me of myself when I see teenagers today riding big bore crotch rockets as their first bikes.
Go to Top of Page

quicksilver
Male Junior Member
50 Posts

Catalina, Arizona
USA

Honda

XR650L

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  12:06 PM
I road a little dirt bike on the Reservation when I was a kid; but that may not count. My first street bike was a BSA 650 then a Norton 750, then a Triumph Bonny , a Sportster 800, and on and on and on....I actually can't remember all of them (I really HAVE had a lot). But I do remember that I never had a bike bigger than 1200cc (74). By today's standards I had all small to mid-sized bikes.

I actually feel a bit awkward on a bike with a fairing or a bike that is somewhat low. The 74 was not kept that long as it did indeed feel awkward; I have trouble explaining it but I have always felt comfortable on a simple (rudimentary) bike design.
Go to Top of Page

FL-GA
Male Starting Member
1 Posts

West Palm Beach, FL
USA

Honda

VTX1800C

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  8:24 AM
Honda 50, in 1964. World's worst clutch, backward shift, top speed almost 40 (downwind), but a real motorcycle. If I remember correctly, it cost about $450.00.
Go to Top of Page

biggunbob
Male Standard Member
139 Posts

parma, OH
USA

Harley-Davidson

electraglide classic

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  4:21 PM
After the safety course, I waited a year before I found my bike... a clean, 1990 electraglide classic, 1340cc with only 41,000 miles on it. I like it! I'll probably have it 7-10 years before I think of getting anything else. Safe riding!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05